Thursday, August 25, 2011

heather & a late night outing with mac

i have the greatest group of girlfriends.
i can't imagine a life with as much joy & laughter that i have if they weren't in it.  they're beautiful, quirky, and just the most amazing friends i could ask for.  pure hearts and purely entertaining.  i admire each of them.

my pregnant friend,  heather, came over for a jog up the canyon we live next to...it's beautiful. (ever since my run in with police chief "denver" though on my flight from DC i can no longer run alone up there so i take any chance i can when someone comes with me).  no matter how down my day is, no matter how many hits life has given me (which seems to be more than i'd care to admit the last 2 years), i always leave my friend feeling better.  i most often times even leave laughing.  i don't know how she does it, but she's got a gift.  and that gift makes you appreciate life and who you are.  i hope she knows.


we got a new mac.
just to open it is an experience.
when i lifted the tab i thought i heard a chorus of angels singing.  (er...okay, it was actually me singing as if a chorus of angels were singing).  in the marketing world, everyone knows that mac company does a fabulous job giving the buyer an experience not just a product.
and i, for one, enjoyed my experience.

so, last night, we went up to my sister's and my awesome brother-in-law, rob, got us all set-up.
all the new things this computer can do was mind boggling.
am i getting old?  cause this techno stuff is super cool but definitely leaves me in the dust.

i sat catching up with my sister while rob showed the shawn what the newer mac can do.  feel lucky to have family who will make time for us, stay up later than they'd like, and still be all smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment