Friday, August 19, 2011

you gotta start somewhere...right?

even when you really want something. 
it's still hard to pull away from what feels safe and comfortable.

i had sometime here in salt lake alone while shawn was finishing things up in dc.  it gave me time to look over my life and take that step back that helps bring things into perspective. 

the last few years have been hard.  probably more difficult than other years of my life.  but what did i have to show for it?  it was an empty, blank answer.  i have been so focused on how heavy my pack was that i had left the other parts of my journey a blank, white canvas.  while i know it couldn't have been.  it was just what i chose.

and why did i choose that?  for many reasons i guess. 
but i don't want to choose that any more.

i'm starting a two year plan.  

and today is the begining.


No comments:

Post a Comment